• An osteoporotic fracture occurs every 3 seconds
• 200 million women are affected worldwide.
• 75% of hip fractures occur in women.
• The overall mortality is about 20% in the first 12 months following a hip fracture.
• A prior fracture is associated with an 86% increased risk of another fracture.
• Physical inactivity and a sedentary lifestyle as well as reduced muscle strength are risk factors for fractures.
For more information on how to prevent osteoporosis contact:
Dr. Lori Lyles and Associates